Sunday, October 11, 2009

Graphite Drawing

Old Wheelbarrow
By: Lori Talbert
10/10/09

For some reason I have a fascination with old farm tools and machinery. Whenever I have a chance I take a photo or if I see a good reference photo I save it for future use. I found this photo on Morguefile where you can get royalty free photos. I pulled it out the other day and created this graphite drawing of it. It is 5x7 (the subject didn't seem to warrant a larger size to me) on smooth bristol board and I matted it. It took around 5 1/2 hours total to complete. It was fun to do and good practice for some future projects I have in mind. Just trying to get back to drawing and creating again after a summer spent not doing much art.


6 comments:

Laure Ferlita said...

For somebody who claims to be rusty, you sure did a nice job! I too have a fascination with all old mechanical things - tools, machinery, wood, peeling paint, etc. It speaks of history, of lives past and I think that's what the appeal is for me.

Glad to see you "arting" again!!

twincedar said...

Thanks Laure and thanks Ann, somehow I lost your comment. Sorry!

Teresa said...

It's lovely, Lori! You did a great job.

Jan said...

You're so good with these wooden objects and historical items. You really should be doing more of them!

Unknown said...

Great Job Laure. Great tones.

m1 Designs said...

Oh this is beautiful. Love your composition in this.