Saturday, February 7, 2009

Art Blog Award!



When I checked in this morning I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had received not one, not two but three! "I Love Your Art Blog" awards from fellow artists/bloggers. Laure Ferlita of Painted Thoughts Blog, Jan from Pets to Posies, and Teresa from Tresses Art Blog had all awarded this to me. Thanks to all of you and may I say if I had received it first I would have sent this award to each of you!

I am supposed to name 7 things I love and pass the award on to 7 other artists. So, first things first!

The 7 things I love:

1. Nature: I see beauty in all of nature. God is the ultimate artist; a sunrise, a sunset, an autumn day, he has placed so much inspiration all around us.

2. My family: My immediate family is most important in my life. I support them and they me; I rejoice in their accomplishments and sorrow with them when things are bad. There is no encouragement like that you can receive from your family.

3. America: Like the country song says; "This lady may have stumbled, but she ain't never fell." Our lady is definitely stumbling now and I hope and pray she doesn't fall. We still stand for freedom and in spite of our present difficulties many people would give anything to live here.

4. My Art: It is always nice to receive recognition and have others appreciate what you do but I create primarily for me. It gives me pleasure, relaxes me and a sense of accomplishment when I complete a project.

5. The Ocean: It seems to have the rhythm of life for me and I pilgrimage there at least once per year. I would live at the ocean if I could.

6. My Job: It can be frustrating at times and near impossible at others and I have had people tell me they wouldn't have my job if it paid a million dollars. But for the most part I enjoy it and I am very good at it. I am thankful to have a job at a time when so many do not.

7. A Good Book. The only way I know to take an adventure, live during another time or live someone's else's life without leaving your home.

There are many other things I love, a genuine smile, spontaneous laughter, the sight of a happy or sleeping child, but I guess the ones I named are my top seven.

Now to pass the award along: I am fairly new to blogging and am still discovering other artist's blogs. Upon checking this morning I see that many of them have already been awarded so I hope to offer a few new ones:

1. Jenna Whie at Color Conscious: a wonderful color pencil artist.

2. Who is Arthur Simo - The Outsider Artist? Arthur has autism and his mother creates the blog and promotes his art. He does wonderful work and has had many sales and some shows.

3. Blair at Blair Goold Art - a blog I just discovered. Blair does wonderful paintings.

Many of the blogs that I follow have already received this award but I would have awarded them as well. I will reserve my other four if I can to award as I discover more blogs.

Thanks again for the award!

1 comment:

Laure Ferlita said...

Thanks for playing and it is so nice to know you just a bit better!